James Lavelle Presents UNKLE Sounds – The End Pt. 1
Mix by James Lavelle
Engineered and edited by Paul Rogers
2. Trouble In Paradise – UNKLE
3. Let The Lord Shine A Light On Me (UNKLE Remix) – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
4. F.E.A.R. (UNKLE Remix) – Ian Brown
5. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (A Cappella) – Daft Punk
6. Restless (16 Bit Lolitas Remix) – UNKLE
7. The Runaway (A Cappella) – UNKLE
8. Natural Selection (Future Beat Alliance Remix) – UNKLE
9. The Answer (Trentemøller Remix) – UNKLE
10. Reign (String Reprise) – UNKLE
11. Reign (King Unique Remix) – UNKLE
12. No One Knows (A Cappella) – Queens Of The Stone Age
13. Money And Run (16 Bit Lolitas Remix) – UNKLE
14. Heavy Drug (Album Version) – UNKLE
15. Heavy Drug (King Unique Remix) – UNKLE
16. Heavy Drug (Future Beat Alliance Remix) – UNKLE
17. Heavy Drug (Fergie Remix) – UNKLE
18. Follow Me Down – UNKLE
19. 24 Frames (Redux) – UNKLE
20. Tomorrow Never Knows (A Cappella) – The Beatles
21. The Dog Is Black (Barry Jamieson Remix) – UNKLE
22. Heaven (Charlie May Remix) – UNKLE
23. Sayonara – UNKLE
24. Burn My Shadow (A Cappella) – UNKLE
25. In A State/God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters – UNKLE/Moby
Buy here: http://bit.ly/blade_runner_pure_mix
Watch Video: http://youtu.be/Yu1M2i5z8x0
Drawing from one of Vangelis’ most renowned soundtracks, Solarstone has rebooted the theme from the audio auteur’s hallowed ‘Blade Runner’ soundtrack. He has brought trance purity to the beautifully sinister tones of its title theme. Utilizing it as a last tune of the night ID-weapon for many a month, the track (now christened ‘Love Theme from Blade Runner’) has been given the official seal of approval. The trance master is now set to release his love letter to ‘Blade Runner’.
“The doomy night-black drama of Vangelis’ echoing piano chimes have rarely sounded better” — DJ Mag (Sept 2013)
Losing none of its ominous awe-inspiring atmosfear, through Solarstone’s ‘Love Theme From Blade Runner’ Vangelis’ now exerts a hypnotic thrall over the club floor. Using the classic strains of ‘End Titles’, Richard fires the Original’s balanced nexus of dystopian melancholia and towering elevation through the Pure prism.
Developing a pounding sonic underlay, built from pistoning drums, dramatic orchestral cymbal crashes and undulating bass swells, he sets the stage for its big dramatic soundscapes. Retrofitting Vangelis’ analogue synthesizers & FX with purified trance mechanics and unrelenting tension, he filters its darkly timeless melodic chimes into the mix’s system. Brilliantly drawn out over nine fissionable, charged minutes he points Vangelis’ 30-year-old classic at the very heart of the club floor.
Here is my set at Ultra, I noticed the ones floating around the internet started early and ended early so I re recorded the last part and edited it in. Good times! Can’t wait til next year 🙂
Summer is here and it’s an incredibly hectic time for me, with a heavy schedule of gigs highlighed by a historic 12 hour open to close solo set at Tomorrowland in Belgium, along with finishing the much awaited 2013 city series compilation and working on our special Global DJ Broadcast Sunrise Set and Coldharbour Day.
To get you warmed up for all of that, plus as something to keep my mind occupied while struggling to sleep lately, I’ve put together another exclusive Soundcloud Summer Mix for you all, this time being 2 hours long.
Much like the Spring edition, consider it as a mini “best-of” GDJB from the past couple of months, along with a couple of oldies that consistently get requested..
Hope you guys enjoy, and let me know what you think of the set in the comments.
And if you have enjoyed my output this year, via the gigs, productions and various radio sets, please show your support for the Coldharbour family at http://top100djs.net – much appreciation as always.
With love. x
Key Tour Dates:
20.07: Electronic Family, Amsterdam
26.07: Tomorrowland, Belgium (12 hour open to close solo set)
27.07: Global Gathering UK, Stratford-Upon-Avon
03.08: Nature One, Kastellaun
17.08: New World Punx at Biel, Beirut
01.09: Electric Zoo, New York City
For a full list of Markus Schulz’ tour dates please visit: http://www.markusschulz.com/tourdates/
For more information on Markus Schulz: