Buy here: http://bit.ly/blade_runner_pure_mix
Watch Video: http://youtu.be/Yu1M2i5z8x0
Drawing from one of Vangelis’ most renowned soundtracks, Solarstone has rebooted the theme from the audio auteur’s hallowed ‘Blade Runner’ soundtrack. He has brought trance purity to the beautifully sinister tones of its title theme. Utilizing it as a last tune of the night ID-weapon for many a month, the track (now christened ‘Love Theme from Blade Runner’) has been given the official seal of approval. The trance master is now set to release his love letter to ‘Blade Runner’.
“The doomy night-black drama of Vangelis’ echoing piano chimes have rarely sounded better” — DJ Mag (Sept 2013)
Losing none of its ominous awe-inspiring atmosfear, through Solarstone’s ‘Love Theme From Blade Runner’ Vangelis’ now exerts a hypnotic thrall over the club floor. Using the classic strains of ‘End Titles’, Richard fires the Original’s balanced nexus of dystopian melancholia and towering elevation through the Pure prism.
Developing a pounding sonic underlay, built from pistoning drums, dramatic orchestral cymbal crashes and undulating bass swells, he sets the stage for its big dramatic soundscapes. Retrofitting Vangelis’ analogue synthesizers & FX with purified trance mechanics and unrelenting tension, he filters its darkly timeless melodic chimes into the mix’s system. Brilliantly drawn out over nine fissionable, charged minutes he points Vangelis’ 30-year-old classic at the very heart of the club floor.
Here is my set at Ultra, I noticed the ones floating around the internet started early and ended early so I re recorded the last part and edited it in. Good times! Can’t wait til next year 🙂
Summer is here and it’s an incredibly hectic time for me, with a heavy schedule of gigs highlighed by a historic 12 hour open to close solo set at Tomorrowland in Belgium, along with finishing the much awaited 2013 city series compilation and working on our special Global DJ Broadcast Sunrise Set and Coldharbour Day.
To get you warmed up for all of that, plus as something to keep my mind occupied while struggling to sleep lately, I’ve put together another exclusive Soundcloud Summer Mix for you all, this time being 2 hours long.
Much like the Spring edition, consider it as a mini “best-of” GDJB from the past couple of months, along with a couple of oldies that consistently get requested..
Hope you guys enjoy, and let me know what you think of the set in the comments.
And if you have enjoyed my output this year, via the gigs, productions and various radio sets, please show your support for the Coldharbour family at http://top100djs.net – much appreciation as always.
With love. x
Key Tour Dates:
20.07: Electronic Family, Amsterdam
26.07: Tomorrowland, Belgium (12 hour open to close solo set)
27.07: Global Gathering UK, Stratford-Upon-Avon
03.08: Nature One, Kastellaun
17.08: New World Punx at Biel, Beirut
01.09: Electric Zoo, New York City
For a full list of Markus Schulz’ tour dates please visit: http://www.markusschulz.com/tourdates/
For more information on Markus Schulz:
It is one of the most anticipated Global DJ Broadcast episodes every year, and for many a highlight of the summer (no pressure guys!), where I dedicate myself to crafting a special 2 hour mix containing some of the most beautiful melodies and early morning moments that have graced the beaches and shores of Ibiza and beyond – the Sunrise Set.
After 3 months of preparation in ensuring that this would be a journey to remember and appreciated, I showcased it to the world on Global DJ Broadcast, and as requested by the fans, here it is for all of you to enjoy and stream at your leisure.
This is one of my summer gifts to you all. The next will be the 4 hour set for Coldharbour Day on Tuesday July 30.
I want to take a moment and give a huge thank you to everyone who has been so kind in supporting me this week as the annual DJ Mag Top 100 poll opened for another year. It’s very humbling to have fans who believe in what I do. If you’d like to support me or any of your favorites, make sure you head to http://top100djs.net and cast your top 5 personal picks. Many thanks again
Let me know what you think of the mix in the comments. Hope this can be the soundtrack of many special moments with your friends and loved ones watching the sunrise for many years to come.
With love. x
01. Ferry Corsten – Visions of Blue
02. Tastexperience – Summersault
03. Salt Tank – Eugina (Allende Remix)
04. Phulk D – Beyond (Andrew K Remix)
05. Kosmas Epsilon – Innocent Thoughts
06. DJ Tatana – Spring Breeze (Martin Roth Summerstyle Remix)
07. Carl B – Just a Thought
08. Brian Eno – An Ending (Ascent) (Leama & Moor Remix)
09. Rex Mundi – Opera of Northern Ocean
10. Reverse – Absolute Reality (Arty Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
11. Dido – Stoned (Deep Dish Remix)
12. Booka Shade & M.A.N.D.Y. – Body Language (Tocadisco Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
13. Chicane – Lost You Somewhere
14. Above & Beyond – Sun in Your Eyes
15. Rene Ablaze featuring Jacinta – You’re My Destination (Wellenrausch’s Dark Matter Dub)
16. Trilcuid – Departures (Yuri Kane Remix)
17. Anton Firtich – Rain Over the Ocean
18. DJ Observer & Daniel Heatcliff featuring Madeleine Rison – Vision (Lentos Dub)
19. Markus Schulz presents Dakota – Gypsy Room
20. Tilt – Children (Tilt’s Couryard Mix)
21. Energy 52 – Cafe Del Mar (Original Three n One Mix)
22. Solarstone – Seven Cities (Solarstone’s Atlantis Mix)
23. Little Wonder – Eclipse (Fictivision & C-QUence Remix)
24. Elevation – Biscayne
25. Tiesto – 10 Seconds Before Sunrise
26. Rank 1 – Breathing (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix)
27. Masters & Nickson featuring Justine Suissa – Out There (Christian Rusch’s Chillout Mix)